Sam and I are finally getting settled in our new house in Peoria. We’ve had plenty of fun experiences like:
- Fixing a leak in our water main (thanks Dwayne Gibbs!)
- Fixing our stove’s electrical outlet (thanks Josh Stuber!)
- Rewiring all 3 phone jacks (I don’t know how they ever could have worked… tons of wires were switched and/or cut.)
- Spending 4 hours on the phone with SBC/at&t to sign up for phone/DSL, find out they lost my DSL order, and try to sign up for free dial-up while I wait for DSL. Moral of the story: I hate SBC/att.
- Called the police because two people were fighting in a huge SUV in front of our house late at night.
- Visited Tremont Turkey Festival for about 30 minutes. Just as boring and expensive as I remember it.
Now I’m trying to get back to work. I’m working from home and using dial-up until DSL gets here. I can see why Google is interested in getting people broadband connections. Using the Internet is frustrating and nearly pointless with a dialup connection.
I’m still sorting through lots of e-mail, but I’m eager to get back to work.