So yesterday I raved about using Evolution for e-mail. Things are a bit less rosy today. No showstoppers, just annoyances:
- Startup takes about 2 minutes now including about 90 seconds of nothing being displayed.
- Moving an IMAP folder pretty much borked that account. Didn’t lose any e-mails, just lots of strange errors messages about not being subscribed to folders or folders no longer existing (even though they do). I was able to fix everything using Squirrel Mail.
- Exchange Contacts stopped working.
- New Mail Notification via a plug-in is far more complex than it needs to be, or maybe I’m just stupid.
In Evolutions defense:
- I am using the old 2.6 version of Evolution, so perhaps some of these issues have been resolved in 2.8.
- IMAP was very flaky in Thunderbird as well.
- The Mailing List Plugin features are fantastic as are the filtering capabilities.
Update: Added 2 new woes.