Sunday, December 21st
The plan is the not chance the weather and stay overnight at the airport tonight to make sure to catch our 6:30am flight Monday morning. Here’s what happened:
- 9:00am – 4:45pm – Packing, checking Trimet service alerts and flight cancellations.
- 4:45pm – 6:00pm – Waiting at bus stop for a bus that never came. Met a cool guy named Rob though
- 6:20pm – Home, get call from US Airways our flight is canceled.
- 6:30pm – Power goes out.
- 7:00pm – 9:00pm – I go on a hike. Notice my wedding ring is missing. Spend next hour hiking and digging through snow looking for it.
- 10pm – Go to bed depressed, but quite warm in our sleeping bags under every blanket we own.
- 9:00am – Get up, still no power.
- 10:00am – 12:00am – Get crazy idea to try to make it to the Pitzer’s in the Focus. Took 15 minutes to thaw the car and drive 15′ to our house. Took almost 2 hours of the greatest neighbor in the world helping put my chains back on about a dozen times just to get my car parked in front of our house.
Pitzer’s house is not going to happen.
- 1:00pm – Power is back! Yay! Now we just have to figure out how to save Christmas…
The best part is that the PGE (utility company) truck showed up at about 11:45am at which point my car was stuck chainless in the middle of the road.