My talk, Web Server Shootout, was accepted by the Open Source Bridge Conference! I’m terribly excited, but also nervous because there’s a lot I need to do between now and the conference. Expect regular updates on how my talk is progressing (always tagged with osbridge [feed]).
Some of the sessions I’m particularly excited to attend are:
- An Introduction to Machine Learning by John Melesky – A Portland Python User Group regular and really smart guy in general. Looking forward to getting my feet wet with machine learning.
- Drop ACID and think about data by Bob Ippolito – I think the Portland Python crew that went to Pycon helped convince Bob to bring his presentation to OS Bridge, and I’m glad they did! I work with non-relational databases everyday, but I still design my apps with a relational data model in mind. This should be interesting.
- The Linux Kernel Development model by Greg Kroah-Hartman – Its Greg KH! Come on!
- How Idealist.org uses technology to change the world by Michel Pelletier – Another Portland Pythoneer and really smart guy. Eager to here more about open source at work in an organization. Its always fun to watch Michel present anyway.
- Web Testing with Windmill by Mikeal Rogers – Hardly a day goes by that I don’t tell myself I’m going to improve my test coverage and skills. Windmill looks like an excellent testing tool to help me accomplish that.
There are many many more sessions I’m excited about, but I’m too sick of copying and pasting to mention anymore right now.